Studio D YOGA was founded to provide a healing space for a variety of practices — south of the river! We are offering a variety of yoga styles, in addition to offering study groups, healing groups, and special events. Join us as we build our community of seekers, sharers, students, and practitioners. You will get the feeling of being “at home” at Studio D YOGA.
Our students range in age from 35-85. We welcome beginners and offer a gentler style of Hatha and Vinyassa. You are invited to visit and see if we are a good fit for you.
Please note: Nia® and MELT® classes are not included in Monthly Unlimited or C-FIT
ALL STUDENTS: Please remember when you attend any of our studio classes to listen to your body! We offer modifications for all poses and only wish for you a safe practice — a mindful practice being with self!
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing and be prepared to practice in bare feet.
- Be prepared by bringing a mat, water bottle, and small towel.
- Please be on time for class and if entering late, please enter quietly.
- We offer an informal class setting, but we wish to limit unrelated conversation within the studio.
- Please, no cell phones or beepers – this will greatly disrupt a class.
- Yoga should be practiced on an empty stomach. Food intake should be limited prior to class.
- No heavy jewelry or perfume – this is distracting to the senses of our neighbors. Please be conscious of others respiratory reactions to fragrance. Bolsters and blankets absorb and hold scents.
Announcements • Notices
Retreat with Debbie
March 10-11, 2018
CLICK HERE for details and to register
200-Hour Yoga Teacher
Free INFO SESSION Saturday, February 17, 3pm
CLICK HERE for details
Strength & Flow Class
Wednesdays • new start time • 4:45pm
Men on the Mat
Tuesdays • 6:15pm to 7:30pm
CLICK HERE: $15 per class
Fridays • 10am
Thursdays • 4:30pm
Our Facebook page has the most up-to-date announcements — weather closings, etc. Please like us!
How to Meditate – Quickly
If you don’t have a lot of time to “center” yourself – no problem! Use this quick guide to get in a meditation when you’re running low on time: 1) sit in a comfortable cross-legged position on the ground. 2) sit up tall, engaging your low abs and bringing your shoulders back. 3) place your hands, palms down on your knees if you are feeling like you need more grounding, or palms face up if you want to receive more energy. 4) gently close your eyes, and begin breathing slowly in through your nose and out through your nose. 5) assign meaning to your breath – breathing in relaxation and breathing out stress, for example. 6) stay here for about 8 deep breaths, and instantly feel more relaxed!
A Thought . . .
“Listen to the steadiness of your breath. Feel the beating of your heart and enjoy the flow of your movements” ~ Namaste